Question:
Where's the best place for a young, black urban couple to do around Houston, TX?
whatever_man13
2005-12-27 19:56:48 UTC
Where to to eat, visit, relax and etc?
Two answers:
2005-12-29 11:08:07 UTC
It depends what kind of entertainment your looking for.

For (relaxed) Clubing, your going to want to go to the "Richmond Strip" alot of hip hop clubs, a real relaxed atmosphere, most guys are tring to holla most ladies are hollin back.

(Ex: Dreams; Maxis; Surf shack; Roxy's)

For (Upscale) Clubing, you going to want to go to "Main St." downtown, we're everybody acts like thier to sophisticated to been seen anywhere else (like Richmond). *Strict Dress Code*

(Ex: Visions; Shadow Bar; M Bar; Live; Glo; Blue Torch)

For theater there are always good plays at the "Ensamble theater" also on main street, not in the heart of downtown though. (Easy to find from the Rail)

For Gentleman's club, the newest Urban upscale club is "Onyx" on the "Richmond Strip" but there's always good ol' faithful "Harlem Knight" (BYOB) on the north side.

For shoping, "The Galleria" is our best mall hands down, also on "Richmond".

Ya know, now that I'm typing this I relize just about everything going to be on the SouthWest side, were "Richmond" is. Well, that's whats up.
Meagan
2006-02-03 09:28:02 UTC
There are nice restaurants that are commonly frequented by black's like Pappadeaux's on 610 near the Reliant Staduim. There is also Boudreax's, they have several locations around town. There are always things going on in the city. Downtown has taken on a new touristy flare.

I recommend that everyone go to the Shrine of the Black Madonna (Scott and MLK) and visit their Black Holocaust exhibit.