Question:
How good is Rice University? Is it expensive? would you recommend it?
carlosfuentes14
2006-04-09 18:09:40 UTC
I have heard it is good but expensive. What do you think?
Three answers:
benitobodoque1
2006-04-21 15:51:04 UTC
It is amongst the top universities in the U.S. If you can get in, it is highly recommendable, since you will be sought after no matter what you do with a Rice degree.

As for the expense, it is still one of the top bargain schools in the country, offering and education and reputation parallel to the ivies, Duke or Stanford, but for about half or less that tuition. Costs of living in Houston are also lower if you live off campus.

If you compare tuition to state schools with in-state tuition, sure it is more expensive, but consider that Rice has an excellent financial aid office that helps students (I was one of those) from non-wealthy families to find ample aid including grants, scholarships and low interest loans.
yourandom
2006-04-10 07:40:14 UTC
I don't know that latest on Universities and their reputations generally but I can tell you that Rice is expensive and hard to get into. It is a high caliber school and everyone that I have ever know who attended has been very successful. I would be impressed by your credentials if Rice was your alma mater.
Pooks
2006-04-19 03:12:50 UTC
on the internet, you can find the answers to your educational questions...and Consumer Reports Magazine)...