Question:
what are some fun things to do in the Houston/Katy area. Going on vacation with the family. Any suggestions?
BaBaWaWa
2006-04-04 12:50:06 UTC
My children are 11 and 15. Please, need some help with entertainment for them. I don't want to hear " I'm Bored" for a week. HELP !!!!
Seven answers:
naeblate
2006-04-06 07:56:10 UTC
Katy is my place...Go to the Katy Mills Mall, it's huge and has Realistic Car racing, Laser tag, A cool Jungle theme restaurant Rain forest cafe,with huge robotic animals and a wonderful theater, it's a great place for adults and kids to play and shop. www.katymills.com

Also you can go to Downtown Houston Aquarium about 30 min. away it's a all day deal and the kids will love it mine do! www.downtownaquarium.com Also on the katy freeway (i-10) going south towards Houston on the left about 20 min. away is Vans indoor skateboard park that is attached to a huge indoor arcade play park restaurant, pool hall, dance clubs all okay for kids until like 10pm when kids have to leave plus theater/shopping there too, another all dayer, they'll love that place too!Good luck and try to arrange all activities to end by 3:30pm to avoid traffic on i-10going into Katy and in the morning going toward Houston either before 8am or after 9:30am . Lots of road construction there on the Katy freeway, it's confusing even for residence, give your self plenty of time & Tylenol. HAVE FUN!!!!!!!
?
2016-12-18 18:00:02 UTC
It relies upon on the age of the youngsters - Pre-okay to center - certainly the aquarium& the museum of technology - the two are super- whale pay attention of Boston is relaxing if no person gets seasick - placed on your sunscreen!-walk the North end - get an Italian pastry and espresso or flow to dinner there- see if there's a pageant there once you're right here- the duck excursions are ok, crimson sox tickets are problematical to get and $$$$, in case you may get out of city, flow to the two the North Shore or the South to flow to the sea coast - or take the ferry holiday over to Provincetown - a different place.
sahifaha
2006-04-05 19:51:52 UTC
oh!! you should go to the galleria! it is really fun there and you can go ice skating and shopping(obviously) and all that good stuff! if you go to pin oak middle school in bellaire on saturday, there is a theatre arts festival and the admisiion is 3 for kids and 5 for adults. there is hermann parkand the houston zoo which are both awesome! there is the children's museum is mainly for ages 3-7 and the museum for natural science which is mainly for kids 5-12. there are a lot of other great museums in the museum district and if you child is really interested in art and has sophisticated tastes, museum of fine arts houston is the place to be! hope i helped! good luck in houston!
2006-04-04 12:59:33 UTC
The Hermann Park Zoo in Houston is rated one of the best in the country. Admission is not too high, but watch out for the concession stands/restaurants.
brucemaulding
2006-04-05 16:03:51 UTC
If you think they might be interested in some of China's major historic scenes, visit the forbidden gardens in Katy. Find them on-line at www.forbidden-gardens.com.
babeekj
2006-04-04 12:56:25 UTC
They have the NASA Space Center there..my kids loved it...also Galveston is not that far away so you guys could go to the beach :)
2006-04-07 03:44:59 UTC
downtown of hoston